Ahh I’m BACK!!
I feel like I have been gone forever.
I have done so much over the summer, starting with Afro Punk.
If you do not know what Afro Punk is let me explain:
- Its kind of like Coachella but way less expensive, and more afro centric.
- A place where you can express yourself without any judgment.
- Great food, especially if your a health freak, or a foodie.
- Great music! I mean GREAT.
- FUN! FUN! FUN!
Here’s some more info:
- Afro Punk is in august every year
- Location is Brooklyn NY (if you live in the north east)
It was a two day event.
Saturday was crazy. I mean lines everywhere! Solange was there Saturday and so was Sza, which explains the crazy lines. I did not get to see neither, I had an anxiety because there were so many people. I did however enjoyed the people, the clothes, and the atmosphere. Oh, mayor de Blasio was there too.
I do not have a lot of pictures from the first day, unfortunately. That might be because there were so many people and so much going on. But nevertheless it was a blast.
My outfit for the first day was:
- A fishnet coral pink body suite
- A coral pink bra
- Baggy ripped jeans
- My DIY sneakers
The second day however was a epic.
I got to see my girl NAO again, I saw her in June. The lines were so much shorter. I had the BEST ice cream EVER. I met some amazing people. I feel it was easier to have fun and enjoy myself because there were less people. It was also a Sunday.
For the second day I decided to go with a much more relaxed look.
- I wore these sandles that I got from Vegas.
- Some mom jeans, which if you are a foodie like I am you should avoid wearing.
- This amazing off the shoulder top which was made.
- forever 21 plano 80s glasses with black rims.
The Food was delicious, But the ice cream was EVERYTHING.
I had a salted caramel. I loved it so much that I stopped by wholefoods to buy more the same week.
It was amazing seeing her again! When I go to England in 2018 I hope to see her AGAIN.
Afro Punk was a blast and I cannot wait for next year! I had so much fun with my friends and random people I met.