We all have those days, some more than others, when we really do not have time to make a meal. Usually when this happens it results to making bad eating decisions. Which is a huge “no,no” it all starts with that one bad eating decision and before you know it you’re sitting on the couch eating from a big bag of potato chips pondering about your life.
Well here is my go to recipe. It is my favorite, it takes 30 minutes to prepare, and it is MORE than healthy.
What you will need:
- Red Potatoes: potatoes are my favorite, but the red ones are the best. They cook very fast (make sure you get the small ones).
- Vegetables of your choice: I am using broccoli, string beans, and tomatoes.
- Couscous: I used the multi-grain couscous from trader joe’s (I LOVE IT)!
- Olive Oil
- Pepper: could be cayenne or black pepper
- Vegetable Seasoning
- Goya : you could just use salt
Okay let’s get cooking!
I start by washing all my vegetables with the fruit and vegetable soap (got it from trader joe’s).
Then I diced and seasoned my potatoes, (I also added oil).
I baked them for 30 minutes at 400º.
I then boiled my couscous, just make it like rice.
And that’s all! you can jazz up the recipe by adding fish, shrimp, beans, or chicken.